What is IFSA
The Indian Food Sharing Alliance, (IFSA) is a social initiative by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to help solve India’s food waste and hunger crisis by integrating various partner organizations, Food Recovery Agencies and NGO’s.
Aims and Objectives
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) plays a key role not only in food safety and hygiene but also in ensuring availability of wholesome food and encouraging citizens to eat the right foods. Therefore, the aim of FSSAI via IFSA is primarily to :
- Care: Help minimize food wastage across the supply chain by means of redistribution to poor and needy.
- Aware: Mobilize people to minimize their food wastage through widespread awareness program across the country by Food Recovery Agencies.
- Share: Facilitate safe distribution of surplus food by connecting trained food recovery agencies with food chains.
- Prepare: Educate food business on best practices and encourage them to adopt the same in order to prevent food loss along the supply chain.
- Declare: Provide strategic policy, regulatory, and programme support to food loss and waste reduction initiatives.